Hexamethylenediamine ( HMD ) (CAS : 124-09-04) Hexamethylenediamine (HMD) also named Hexane-1,6-diamine; 1,6-Hexanediamine or 1,6-Diaminohexane is a chemical compound with two amines functions. Production Hexamethylenediamine (HMD) is obtained from hydrogenation of the adiponitrile. Use HMD and adipic acid are the starting materials for nylon 6,6 used widely in textiles and plastics. HMD reduce yellowing in PU resin. […]
Request a quotation
To request a quotation, please click on the button on the right.
Glycerin, also known as Glycerol or 1,2,3-Propanetriol is a simple polyol compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet-tasting and non-toxic with chemical formula C3H8O3.
Glycerin Chemical Structure Composition.
- Glycerol can be produced by various routes from propylene.
- Gycerol is a waste product of biodiesel from fats
- Triglycerides can be saponified with sodium hydroxide to give glycerol and fatty sodium salt or soap.
The main sources are soybeans, rapeseed, palm oil (RSPO/MB) and animal-derived tallow.
- Crude Glycerin: glycerol content above 80%, high water content and presence of MONG (Matter Organic No glycerol). Brown. Main use is energy intake in cattle.
- Technical Glycerin: glycerol content until 95%, low water content and the presence of MONG. Gray. Used in all types of intermediate industrial chemical processes.
- Glycerin USP/ PhEur: glycerol content above 99%, color less, transparent and MONG and water minimum content. Used in the cosmetics industry, personal care and pharmaceutical industries.
- Glycerin E422: as food Additive.
- USP – Kosher – Hallal
Glycerin is used in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and coating industries as a chemical intermediate, perfuming, skin protecting, humectant, solvent, sweetener, thickening agent (viscosity controlling), emollient or conditioning agent.
Arpadis is one of the largest chemical distributor in Europe.
Arpadis is handling the storage, transport, export & import formalities of Glycerin globally.