1,6 Hexandiol (HDO) CAS:629-11-8 1,6 Hexanediol is an low toxic organic compound from the family of diols with the molecular formula C6H14O2, CAS 629-11-8. It’s a colourless crystalline solid. It is soluble in water and it’s hygroscopic. 1,6 Hexanediol Chemical Structure Composition. Production 1,6 Hexandiol (HDO) is a diol obtained by the hydrogenation of the adipic […]
Request a quotation
To request a quotation, please click on the button on the right.
Chlorinated Paraffin (CP)
CAS : 85535-85-9
Chlorinated paraffin (CP) – is a complex chemical substance of polychlorinated n-alkanes used in multiple applications across diverse industries.
The chlorination degree of Chlorinated paraffin (CP) can vary between 30 and 70 wt%. CPs are subdivided according to their carbon chain length into :
- Short-chain C10-C13
- Medium-chain C14-C17
- Long-chain C>17
Depending on chain length and chlorine content, Chlorinated paraffin (CP) are colourless or yellowish liquids or solids
Chlorinated paraffins are synthesized for industrial by reaction of chlorine gas with unbranched paraffin fractions at a temperature of 80–100 °C since the 1930s.
Commercial products have been classified as substances of unknown or variable composition. CPs are complex mixtures of chlorinated n-alkanes containing thousands of homologues and isomers which are not completely separated by standard analytical methods.
The main application for Chlorinated Paraffin (CP) is as a flame retardant. When exposed to high temperatures, Chlorinated paraffin (CP) releases a substantial amount of HCI. In its condensed phase, HCI contributes to the formation of char. In its vapor phase, it can function as a flame poison.
Currently, over 200 formulations as Chlorinated Paraffin (CP) are in use for a wide range of industrial applications as:
- plasticizer: CP is used in some types of flooring, wire and cable insulation, and garden hose.
- paints – sealants – coatings : In traffic markings paint and marine applications, such as coatings for industrial flooring, vessels, swimming pools, etc.
- coolant or lubricant in metal working fluids
- leather fat
- upholstery furniture
Benefits of using Chlorinated Paraffin
Overall Chlorinated paraffin offers:
- Flame-retardant low-cost solution for a wide range of applications.
- Greater flexibility at lower temperatures than conventional plasticizers.
- Improved resistance to both water and chemicals.
- Improved stain resistance.
- Viscosity regulation for PVC plastisols stability during dip and rotational molding.
- Lubricant for metal surface during cleaning of metal parts. The cleaning process eliminates contaminants like grease and oil, it can also remove plasticizers that are required for an effective formulation.
Arpadis is one of the largest chemical distributor in Europe.
Arpadis is handling the storage, transport, export & import formalities of Chlorinated paraffin (CP) globally.