Logistic solutions: storage possibilities under controlled temperatures, frost free, tailor made solutions for your complex raw materials (security stock, authorized sites…)
Request a quotation
To request a quotation, please click on the button on the right.
2-Hydroxy-Ethyl Acrylate (2-HEA)
2-Hydroxy-Ethyl Acrylate is a Colourless transparent liquid with molecular formula C5H8O3. 2-HEA is readily miscible with water and most organic solvents, alcohol, ether and other organic solvents.
2-Hydroxy-Ethyl Acrylate Chemical Structure Composition.
Ethylene oxide is reacted with acrylic acid to produce hydroxyethyl acrylate.
2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate (HEA) can be used to impart the following properties to polymers:
- Chemical resistance
- Scratch resistance
- Rheology modifier
- Low VOC
2-Hydroxy-Ethyl Acrylate (2-HEA) is mainly used in production of:
- high performance automotive coatings as acrylic enamels where a clear topcoat is applied to increase corrosion protection and durability,
- photocurable acrylic resin,
- polyester-acrylate resins,
- emulsion polymers WB ,
- light-sensitive coating,
- Pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA),
- textile treating agent,
- water quality stabilizer,
- high polymer material and as an additive in personal care products and ion exchange resins.
HEA is used mainly either as a co-monomer in the manufacture of polymers and can also be also very useful feedstock for chemical syntheses because it readily undergoes addition reactions with a wide variety of organic and inorganic compounds.
Arpadis is one of the largest chemical distributor in Europe.
Arpadis is handling the storage, transport, export & import formalities of 2-Hydroxy-Ethyl Acrylate globally.